Year One Project — TAP Extension
The TAP Extension team assesses military family needs and priorities, collaborates with partners to develop options, and implements solutions. We offer:
- Enrollment assistance and planning. This includes financial planning, admissions planning, and new post-secondary options to address where needs vary for military families.
- Military BA/BS degree options with partner institutions. Degree options (online and in person), where partner institutions offer Military BA/BS majors and award 45-60 credit hours for active duty training and education.
- Military job to career planning and connections. We work with Veterans Ascend and other partners to help military families plan for and pursue long-term career options.
- Recruitment & Retention. TAP Extension will increase active duty retention by strengthening the social support network for military families.
- 21st Century VFW. VFW organizations are vital connections for veterans across small towns and large cities. TAP Extension offers a new way to engage with veterans, connect them with services, and create multi-generational communities.
The TAP Extension team will travel to bases and military-focused community centers, starting in the Southeast. We build on why the traditional Ag Extension was founded — to remove barriers in getting services, to assist where needed, and to develop innovative solutions to challenges.